Bonchaz Bakery has an immediate opening for two (2) permanent, full time Bakers Helper at the following location: 1461 Venables St, Vancouver, BC V5L 2G1.
Note that we are an INDUSTRIAL BREAD bakery. In other words, if your passion is in pastries or cake decorating, this is not going to be a good fit for you. We do bake some artisan breads, but that is NOT our bakery’s primary focus.
Wage starts at $17 per hour.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organizing and preparing bakery ingredients
• Mixing, dividing, proofing, and baking breads
• Slicing and packaging baked goods
• Other food preparation including pastas, salads, & soups
• Maintaining a clean work environment
• Assisting with dishwashing and general cleaning
• Be available for overnight and weekend shifts
• Be available between 32 to 40 hours per week
• Be comfortable lifting up to 20 kg repetitively
• Be comfortable standing for long periods of time
• Must have at least 6 months of food manufacturing experience or relevant experience such as warehouse or commercial kitchen
• Must have a conversational level of English to communicate with staff and report concerns
• Must have at least a High School Diploma
• Have or be willing to obtain a Foodsafe Level 1 certificate
• Have a can-do and growth mindset
• Be comfortable with making process and quality improvement suggestions
If interested send your resume to: email@example.com and a cover letter including the following information:
• Are you currently residing in Greater Vancouver?
• Are you a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or a Work Permit holder (expiry date)?
• Are you available to work 5 shifts a week, including weekends? If not, what is your availability?
• Are you available to work all hours of the day, including graveyard shifts? If not, what are your hours of availability each day? Please be specific.
• How much experience do you have with bread making, either at home or commercially?
• Do you have any upcoming commitments affecting your availability? (Education, another job, volunteer work, family, etc..)
• How much money are you expecting to earn per hour?
You can learn more about us at www.bonchaz.ca
We look forward to your application!