We are looking for individuals who want to feel connected to their community in a person-centered organization. LCMNA is a charitable organization founded in 1957 and is comprised of community board representation. LCMNA owns and operates Heimstaed Lodge which cares for 54 DSL clients and 26 SL clients for a total of 80 clients. LCMNA offers competitive wages, benefit package, a great work environment, and a compassionate, professional, and caring team. We invest in our team because they are the reason we are able to deliver care of the highest standard.
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible and accountable for providing client-focused care within full scope of practice of a LPN, in a home-like environment, respecting the individuality and dignity of each client/family and team members.
• Provide direct care by assessing client health needs – recording of vital signs, discusses and records chief health concerns, performs tests, administers injections and medications, dressing changes,
blood draws, IV meds etc.
• Provides direction and supervision to Health Care Aides and assumes the ‘In Charge’ role when necessary.
• Promotes service excellence and is responsive to the clients needs in accordance with client care plans, policies, and procedures.
• Contributes to a safe work environment for clients and the team by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices. Identifies and mitigates unsafe conditions including immediate
• Cares for and actively participates and assists the Interdisciplinary Team to achieve and maintain a responsible atmosphere of client centered care.
• Working various shifts including days, evenings, nights, and weekends
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Graduate from a recognized Licensed Practical Nurse program.
• Current membership in good standing with CLPNA.
• CPR/BCLS for healthcare provider required.
• Nursing experience in gerontology preferred.
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, teamwork, and customer service
• Strong organizational and computer skills are required in this position.
• Ability to problem solve through critical thinking and self-education.
• Enthusiastic attitude and energy to provide excellent care and service on behalf of the company.
• Awareness of accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control; adherence to safe work practices and procedures is essential in this position
Location: Heimstaed Lodge 9806 105 St. La Crete Alberta
Date Available: May 1, 2023
Position Type: 2 Fulltime, permanent
Shift: Days & Nights (6:45-19:00 /19:00-6:45, 8:00-16:30)
Hours of Work/Shift Per Cycle: 14-12 hour shifts in a 4-week rotation,8 Hour Day flex shift also available.
Overtime: Based on employment standards of Alberta. Paid at time and a half
Benefits: Bluecross, premium paid by the company
Bonus, incentives: annual pay increases according to pay grid, dependent on performance rating
How to Apply: email resume to email@example.com